Monday, August 15, 2005

Feminist Should Be Proud, But Will They Be?

I merrily blame John for being up at such an insane hour. Although I most likely would have been up anyway, and usually am...

In any case, breaking news from the White House! No, not from the Oval Office...Or from the Rose Garden, not even from around the water cooler as secretaries and interns discuss what color tie the President is wearing today and a blogger listens in while typing it all down. No, it's from the White House kitchen where history is being...cooked up?

Sorry...Bad pun. Excuse me while I flog myself for this crime of bad humor...

Okay...(hobbles back into room) On with the news! Yes sometime yesterday Laura Bush, being the woman of the White House and having to make all the womanly decisions that make Mr. Bush look so dandy, has helped to make history. She has hired the first female head chef of the White House kitchen, a Miss Cristeta Comerford. Feminist rejoice!

What? You're not rejoicing? It's a set back you say? Really now? Doesn't seem like that to me. Considering that women, who according to some closed minded men are suppose to be doing all the cooking, are hardly making a mark on the professional cooking scene. Plus the fact that, read back carefully now, this woman is the first head chef of our leader's kitchen. I'm sorry but it's my opinion that if women are supposedly given these certain responsibilities from a higher power (the higher power usually being no more powerful than a drunken macho-headed red-neck) shouldn't we be the best in those Fields?

Feminist are not going to count this as a victory, at least the stupid ones aren't. I myself however, as a fellow sharer of the XX chromosome, congratulate Miss Comerford. You go girl! Show them what cooking's all about and put the others to shame!

1 Comments:

Blogger Katsvenland said...

Yeah! Go x chromosomes!

8/16/2005 10:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Medical Billing Software
Medical Billing Software