Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Can the third Republican raise her hand?

Before I get started in introducing myself, I hope Raquel is safe and well in Puerto Rico. With that said, I'm Kat, commonly referred to by Ms. SocioSweetie as KatKat. A little background on myself; I'm the youngest of five children between the ages of 23 and 44. Growing up I assumed I was adopted since all the other children of my generation sprout with dark features and I looked like a Viking sacrifice child. I know Raquel is a proud Puerto Rican and John has his allegiance to the Irish, but where do I stand in these colorful waters of heritage?(I imagine the waters of heritage have the appearance of running water over a bag of Skittles.) On my mother's side there's Italian, Irish, Spanish, English and French-Indian and on my father's there's Italian and German. Both my parents identify themselves as American, but my Mom's said that if she had to identify with a particular culture, she'd say she was an American of Spanish descent.
I have interests that span the globe so much I get dizzy. Ever since I was a little Kitty, I've enjoyed studying atlases and city maps. I knew about the Reunion Islands before I turned 10. I began writing tales of the macabre when I was 8 and I think one of the first titles was "Death at Disney." I recently found a folder with a collection of my short stories from these days and one day when I have nothing better to do, will laugh at them over a bottle of wine with some friends. Maybe make margaritas. I'm a diehard Mets fan, a fan of felines and a fan of 80's hair metal. I don't make it a secret that I enjoy country music, especially classic acts like Patsy Cline, Dolly Parton, Johnny Cash and Hank Williams. I met Garth Brooks in 1989.

I'd like to leave ya'll with one last thought.....this heart is showered with astroturf.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Medical Billing Software
Medical Billing Software